Monday, March 10, 2014

The Must-Have: Office Edition



As someone who spends at least 8 hours a day/ 5 days a week and their desk, I know how important it is to keep it stocked with life's little essentials. So here it is, my must-have: office edition.

1. Travel size hairspray, bobby pins, brush and hair ties. Those who take public transportation into work know that how your hair left the house isn't exactly how it will arrive at the office. I keep these on hand to tame any hair day I'm having.

2. A classic, black ready-to-wear heel. I'm currently rocking this shoe from Sole Society, which I love. It has a modest heel and adds texture to any outfit since it is suede.

3. Oral hygiene on the go. I always keep floss, toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash tucked away in my desk. Because you never know when that last minute meeting could pop up or when that salad you had for lunch could decide to stick around. In your teeth.

4. Lipgloss and Mascara. Whether you wear a full face of makeup or dare to go bare every day, I'm a big believer in always carrying mascara and lipgloss on you. Those two items take seconds to apply and instantly brighten up your look. For more wintery months I like Nars Stella and in warmer climates Dior's 576 Bed of Roses.  For mascara on the cheap I love Maybelline Falsies paired with Buxom Lash.

5. Everyday essentials. I always try and have these items stocked in every cube I've ever occupied: lint brush, travel size signature scent (Michael Kors Gold shown above), Aveda hand lotion and Burt's Bees.

6. If you're anything like me, your mani is nearly always chipped. That's why during the week I try to opt for more nude or glossy nails that are less likely to show imperfections. One of my faves: Dior Nail Glow. It provides the daintiest hint of pink and a nice lacquer shine. Top it off with Essie all in one, and you're good to go.

So there you have it! My office must-haves. Anything I left off the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k