Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Five: 11.14.14 - Thanksgiving Recipe Edition


Happy Friday, all! Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I love everything about it; from the magic that is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, to sharing a great meal with family and friends and reflecting on what we are most thankful for; everything about the holiday just feels right to me. And, believe it or not, it's is less than 2 weeks away! To help you plan your menus, I'm sharing five of my favorite Thanksgiving Day recipes. 

Enjoy the photos above from my 2013 Thanksgiving where my sister and I cooked up a storm for 20 of our closet family and friends. Links and details to the recipes can be found below. Don't see your favorite dish or recipe listed? Share your favorites in the comments below!

1. Tyler Florence's Cranberry Orange Sauce: I love this recipe because it is so simple to make, requires so few ingredients and is so much better than anything you can find out of a can. 
2. Butternut squash soup: this recipe is a little more labor intensive in terms of time, but it totally worth it. I love starting off a Thanksgiving meal with a small cup of soup and this one does just the trick.
3. Pecan Pie: my family never skipped on the desserts at the holidays. We always had a few types of pies and desserts to go around, but my favorite was always my Nana's pecan pie. The night before Thanksgiving we would all gather at her house every year and start the baking process where I would watch her hand lay every single pecan in a design for the Thanksgiving pie every year. Seeing her attention to detail made it that much more special.
4. Stuffing: for me, a Thanksgiving table isn't complete without stuffing. Hands down, it's one of my favorite dishes of the meal and certainly one of my favorite leftovers to nosh on later that night. However, I realize it's not a dish for everyone. Martha Stewart has a great index of 20 unique stuffing recipes that can find their way onto any Thanksgiving table.
5. Sweet Potato Casserole: I love sweet potatoes and thank the popularity of the paleo diet for putting them back on the map. While this recipe isn't necessarily paleo-approved, it is certainly delicious.

P.S. don't forget the most important Thanksgiving cooking aid of all... a mimosa :)

Bon Appetit!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k