Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Five 7.25.14: Smoothie Edition

Photo credit L to R: Stacy SpensleyVegaTeam, Calvert Cafe & CateringLori StalteriMervi Eskelinen, JigishaStacy Spensley

I love a good smoothie, especially for breakfast. It's perfect for kick starting my day with some fruits and greens. I'm notoriously not a morning person, so I make these up the night before and store them in mason jars in the fridge - they are ready to grab and go with me in the morning!

This week's Friday Five is dedicated to some of my favorite morning beverages. 

1. Chocolate Love Smoothie - Goop. Oh my, this smoothie is just absolutely divine. If you have a sweet tooth, I cannot recommend this one enough. It's super simple to make and is absolutely delicious. I like to use SPIRU-TEIN chocolate protein powder.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie, a Katy Perry favorite says her celeb trainer Harley Pasternack. If you loved pb&j's as a child (or still love them now, like me) this smoothie is what childhood dreams are made of.
3. The Flat Belly Smoothie - Popsugar. I love the combo of the pineapple and blueberries in this smoothie, which definitely help mask the taste of the kale in this drink - sneak & delish.
4. Green Monster Spinach Smoothie - Iowa Girl Eats. I love the texture of this smoothie. The use of the spinach makes it extra lush and velvety. Plus it tastes great too.
5. Cinnamon Apple Smoothie - Popsugar. This smoothie is as American as apple pie - mostly because it tastes like one.  This recipe calls for adding protein powder, but if you don't have any available you can easily leave it out. 

Bottoms up!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k