Friday, August 5, 2016

HIGH & LOW: MASCARA

Best mascara

chanel vs. maybelline

Of all the beauty products I use on a regular basis, I am most particular about my mascara. Some people won't leave the house without lipstick or their hair done; I won't leave the house without mascara. If I do nothing else, I'll always do my mascara. In my opinion, the right mascara can transform your face and make you look more awake and alert. So, given my enthusiasm for the product, I've tried just about every brand out there and these two are without a doubt my absolute favorites. Before Chanel, I was an avid Dior Show user. While it was great, I knew immediately once I tried Chanel there was no going back. In terms of drug store brands, I've been a faithful Maybelline user for a long time, and loved the iterations of the Volum Express line. So, today's match up is dedicated to these two brands.

High: Le Volume De Chanel Noir Mascara; Price: $32.00
Verdict: If you can manage the price tag, there is no mascara like Chanel. However, I understand that isn't feasible for everyone and Maybelline is a great alternative. Pro tip: if you are a mascara enthusiast like I am and want an ultra-dramatic look, layer the two. Curl your lashes, start with a coat of Maybelline, followed by Chanel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k