Monday, January 18, 2016

Lost in Thought


Meditation and reflection

I am a strong believer in goal and intention setting. For as long as I can remember I've made new year resolutions. I loved the idea that everyone, everywhere took the new year as an opportunity to refocus on themselves, set goals and prioritze their needs; even if it only lasted a few weeks. Every year my resolutions always focus on self improvement and the idea that you can always do more to be better. 

With that theme always in mind, one of my (many) 2016 resolutions is to be more mindful; mindful of myself, those around me, my emotions, habits, relationships, etc. I can easily get swept up in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life and the needs of others. So, I'm consciously making an effort to be more mindful. 

I've been on the hunt for some good meditation and mindfulness apps to help me with this goal and found UCLA's free guided meditations. UCLA has an entire research center dedicated to mindfulness, which produced the free series linked above. Lately, I've been loving their body scan for sleep meditation and their mediation for loving kindness. If you have additional apps or tips for being more mindful in 2016, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k